This week Tucson hit its first day of 100 degrees! That means that summer is officially here. Nice timing as it came the same week as Memorial Day.
Earlier in the week Tim and I drove up to Page, northern AZ; I had a job up there and Tim went along for the company. We stopped there last summer on our way to Yellowstone so this was a great opportunity to explore the area. We visited Lake Powell, the second largest man-made lake in the United States. We tried to take a tour of the Glen Canyon Dam, but it was too windy. However, we did have an informative visit at the Visitor Center. Monday when I was at work Tim took a tour to Antelope Canyon, a beautiful slot canyon on the Navajo Nation. He also took a tour on Lake Powell.
Later part of the week I had an adventure in the Denver area. I watched a funnel cloud formation, drove through pea, then golf, then baseball size hail (in some parts they received 6 inches of hail), and saw a tornado. Hail was several inches deep so CO got the snow plows out! Keep in mind that it was the last week of May!!
On Saturday we decided to take a walk in Sabino Canyon. We walked the 3.7 miles up and back. I did okay on the way up; unfortunately I did something to my left foot and it really hurt me walking down. So the rest of the weekend Tim has been wrapping it in ice and giving me Motrin. It does feel better but it still hurts to walk. Saturday evening we had a picnic in the park with some friends and enjoy the Tucson Symphonic Winds. Sunday we went to the movies .... saw Letters to Juliet. Yes, it is a "chick flick."
Our window project is almost done. Unfortunately, the patio door is causing problems just because of the size and the age of our house. I am looking forward to coming home after being on the road (yes, again!) and seeing a final product.
Hey, Tim & Margaret: I remembered your blog and went back to review your most recent entries. Gerlane & I are definitely interested in coming for a visit in the spring -- probably after the heave tax preparation season has eased.... Stay in touch. Nelson
ReplyDelete