Monday, August 29, 2011

New Edition




After 16 years, we had to part ways....that is the Honda Accord. My car decided to break down and it wasn't worth the investment in getting it fixed. So now I'm a proud owner of a Honda CR-V, Tango Red Pearl (okay it's red). We were just going to get a used car, but the better deal was new. So far I'm the only driver; Tim has enjoyed being the passenger.




Last week I was able to visit with Carol and Frank; we met up in western Massachusetts. I went off to do my work stuff while they visited with cousins and toured the old neighborhood. I was able to see cousin Paul and have lunch with him and very quickly see his son, Nick. No, I didn't feel the earthquake. I was so looking forward to having a cousin reunion on Saturday and catching up with brother John and Lela. On the drive down from the north shore to cousin Catherine's home, I got a call from American Airlines that they had cancelled my Sunday afternoon flight due to Hurricane Irene and that I was rebooked for Monday. When I got to Catherine's home, I was able to talk with the airlines and I got a flight out on Friday night. So I did get to visit with Catherine on my ride to the airport (thanks for the ride and short visit!). Carol and Frank ended up cutting their vacation short also and drove back a day early. But at least they had a great get together on Friday night (at least that is what I'm told).

As you may know Tim threw me a surprise B-day party back in June. Carol put together a video montage. I put it on the web so that everyone can enjoy it. You can find it at http://www.screencast.com/t/JdZnWAYSIPa.

No comments:

Post a Comment