It's hard to believe that Christmas is just a few days away. We really "got into the spirit" today. My company had their Holiday party at the Tanque Verde Guest Ranch. For those of you who might not be familiar with this, it is basically a dude ranch on the far eastern part of Tucson. But it more than a dude ranch -- they have wonderful brunches, events (we attended a wedding there a few years ago), and then there is, of course, the horses. ATI had arranged for a horse whisperer to do a demonstration. That was fabulous! It is truly amazing how a person can communicate with an animal without ever touching them.
This weekend I started my holiday baking for the neighborhood and friends. I must be losing my touch as the dough would not raise; my sticky buns did not turn out as well as I had hoped. I tried a couple of new holiday recipes -- toffee bars (thanks mom for the recipe and the candy) and fruitcake muffins (thanks Carol for this Canadian recipe). At least those items came out pretty good.
We continue our holiday festivities with dinner get together tomorrow with friends. Perhaps we will walk through Winterhaven afterwards. We'll have to see how cold it is. (Okay I know that it is not cold compared to the Midwest and New England, but it is cold for Tucson!) Of course I will continue to play the Hallmark Snowmen to keep me in the holiday season! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment