Thursday, May 7, 2009

It is Official!

Today, Thursday, May 7, 2009, just after 2 pm today we hit our first 100 degree day. That means that Summer has officially arrived in Tucson. Let's hope that we have a few days of cooler days before we get more over the century marks.

This past weekend we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary (yes, it is hard to believe that!). We decided to get out of town for the weekend and went north. We only drove up to Phoenix and lounged around the pool at the resort. On Saturday evening we had dinner with Rev. John Kautz and his wife. John was one of our ministers for our wedding. We came back mid-afternoon on Sunday, thus giving Tim an opportunity to get the cooler operational for the season. Good thing he did that; we needed it today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Margaret and Tim!

    Not having read your blog for a while, my condolences are belated. Still, I want to express my sadness, Margaret, at the loss of your grandmother. I hope she had many opportunities to spoil you when you were a little girl and that you have many happy memories of her.

    I had to smile when I read that the two of you have made a commitment to try new things. When haven't you been willing to set out on new adventures?

    The vegetable garden sounds like a wonderful project. For me, our cacti and succulent garden is a new adventure because previously I only gardened in pots. It's taken a while to figure out how much to water, but I think I have it figured out now, and everything looks healthy. I even enjoy weeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today May 21st we had our first frost free day! Now everyone can start their gardens. Can't even remember what 100F feels like!

    ReplyDelete