We left Tucson on Wednesday afternoon and made it up to Page, Arizona. On Thursday morning we left Arizona for Utah...loosing an hour along the way. (Remember, AZ doesn't do Daylight Savings Time.) We stopped at the Glenn Canyon Dam first. We decided to drive up to Bryce Canyon. What a beautiful national park! Plus we found out that we have to take advantage of Tim's Senior standing. We got a National Park Annual Pass for $10. (Normal price is $80.) We had a picnic lunch at Rainbow Vista and enjoyed the scenic overlook. We stopped at a number of the overlooks, including Natural Bridge. In our travels through parks, we never heard of the word "hoodoo" and today we never heard the end of the word -- http://www.nps.gov/brca/naturescience/hoodoos.htm.
We were hoping to make it up to Salt Lake City by Thursday evening, but we decided to stop in Provo. I'm doing all the driving. Tim tried to drive but after about 30 minutes, his back was hurting him still too much. So he is the navigator and I'm the driver. We decided to try using the ThermWrap while sitting in the car and it seems to help him out. I sure hope his bruised rib heals soon. I HATE driving through mountains and that is all that we're doing.
I'm trying something new. I created a Flickr account and I hope that some of my pictures are posted. Our link should be http://www.flickr.com/photos/38560987@N02/?saved=1.
I hear you Margaret about driving! I'd much rather be the passenger! On our trip, I'm going to have to do the driving also, but I'm gonna be pulling a 28' travel trailer too! Your pictures are great!
ReplyDeleteVenus Scott